Thursday, May 7, 2009

Surgery 5/7

The surgery was completed at about 5:30 PM.  I met with Dr. Smiley.  He took out a minimal amount of bone.  They did some repair of the rotator cuff.  There will be a follow-up surgery on Monday and she will need to be in the hospital until at least Tuesday.  I have seen her twice this evening and she is doing well.  On the last visit we got to talk with the doctor that assisted Dr. Smiley.  He felt that it went well. They took tissue samples and are culturing them and if they find anything unexpected they will address it during the Monday surgery.  I am staying at the Hutchins' home in Belmont right next to the temple which is about 15 minutes from the hospital so I will be well rested.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad to hear the doctors feel the surgery went well. We've been keeping your family in our prayers, and hope MaryAnn starts feeling better soon. Thanks for keeping us updated.

ChristinaS said...

I'm glad it went ok. We are praying that all will come out well with the results and she starts getting better... Love you both..